Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

coldrake posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 9:40 PM

Quote: BillyM67 "What creative fulfillment (sp) is achieved by using someone elses figure, hair, light, texture, background model(s) and pose, and then putting your name on it? Honestly, what is so exciting about this? What artistic talent is being expressed with this? Isn't this basically the same thing as taking a magazine, cutting out a model, cutting out clothing from different pages and then pasting it all on a photograph someone else took? Maybe I am wrong, but it would seem to me more people here should spend more time creating there own textures and models, and stop spending there money having someone else do the work for them. I that most of the actual fun of creating from scratch is being missed." Hmmm....... I just looked at an image in your gallery called "Morning Chill". Let's see....... You DIDN'T create the lighthouse, You DIDN'T create the ship, You DIDN'T create the trees, You DIDN'T create the ground texture, You DIDN'T create the water texture....... Though you claim to have created the last 3. You don't find this at all hypocritical? To paraphrase your own words and apply them to YOUR image, What creative fulfillment is achieved by using someone elses lighthouse, ship, trees, water texture and ground texture and then putting your name on it? What artistic talent is being expressed with this? Isn't this basically the same thing as taking a magazine, cutting out a model, cutting out clothing from different pages and then pasting it all on a photograph someone else took? Maybe I am wrong, but it would seem to me you should spend more time creating your own textures and models, and stop downloading things, using presets and having someone else do the work for you. I think you are missing most of the fun of creating from scratch. I think you get my point. :) Sorry BillyM67, I have to agree with everyone else.