Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I have one simple question.........

BillyM67 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 81 posts

_dodger posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 10:19 PM

Without starting a flamewar, I'd like to know why jerks come into the Poser forum and start accusing Poser artists of being uncreative because the tools they choose allow them to produce without having to delve into the intricacies of building meshes. I think people like this are just looking for attention and trying to assuage their own feelings of inadequacy by eliciting defencive responses so that they can repeat their own self-righteousness mantras somewhere besides the privacy of their own loo. Maybe I am wrong, but it would seem to me more people here should spend more time creating and less time putting the Poser artists to task for not making their own meshes. After all, that's my job. I hope no one takes offence to what I'm saying, of course. For the record, on credits: when I paint I use both Windsor & Newton brushes and oils, and I buy my thinner in half gallon jugs from Target. I use whatever illustration board is inexpensive and not battered, and sometimes I use masonite of any particular brand. I use Windsor & Newton Liquin as my medium. I have no problem with telling people this and I am very happy with crediting W&N for their wonderful tools and feel that my oil paintings would not be as good without them. I also encourage oil painters to purchase their thinner from houseware stores and home improvement places for $1.50/pint because the more that do, the less money the art supply companies (W&N included, but less so than Grumbacher, Liquitex, etc) will make by price-gouging for the same product in an 'art' labelled bottle for $2/oz.