Forum: Bryce

Subject: Boat

maga opened this issue on May 02, 2000 ยท 8 posts

Hawkfyr posted Tue, 02 May 2000 at 8:24 PM

Your welcome Maga Hmm when you say "they never reach the end of the plane", do you mean you want the plants to extend back to the Horizon Line? if so try viewing from Top view,(Drop menu next to the camera controls), and either duplicte the plants you have now or bring in other ones for variety, anyway... from the top view you can see the camera's Field of view, select and move the new plants back away from the camera along the "Z" axis. You may have to use the zoom tool(Hidden toolbar along right margin) too get a wideer view, now go back to camera view and re -locate and re- size them as needed. top view will be a common camera angle used for positioning objects and lights. okay ...to change the mapping modes go into the texture editor and click the little down triagle in the lower right corner of the texture component window(s)( the 3 little windows on the right side of the texture editor, that menu will reveal the "texture mapping modes" it will say "World Space", Oblect Space" etc. Try different modes and notice in your nano preview the different ways the texture its "Mapped" to the object or group. send me your Edress. and I'll send you the caustic gel. you place this gel on a light to cast those reflection Refraction effects, that one would find at the bottom of a swimming pool or lake/Ocean. You may have noticed it used in my latest image. " A Rest" I cant remember who made it but there are many caustic gels "Floating" around the Net. (bad pun..lol). I hope this helps. good luck Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”