Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Protect your computer! Please read...

Schunken opened this issue on May 04, 2000 ยท 6 posts

DigitalArtist posted Thu, 04 May 2000 at 6:06 PM

I think Black Ice is better than Zone Alarm....I mean, if they both allow a stealth connection, who cares about outgoing data? I found it a pain too if I wanted to use programs that I already cleared while Zonealarm was running - the program still poped up asking for confirmation. Personally, I really don't need a firewall because my connection isn't static. Email virus' cant really be blocked by anything,if you use a blocker, they still are on your server waiting to be re downloaded at that time that you dont have your blocker installed. but if you have a virus scanner of some sort and don't open email from unknowns - it shouldnt really matter. You can become stealth by turning off your printer and file sharing also. Ive found this to be helpful. You can also run Netstat in a DOS window to see all your connections that are currently up (and any that are connected to you)by typing netstat at the prompt Theres a program called Netbus Detective that automatically blocks all incomming com ports from any type of hacker penetration (http://www.microtoft.com)