Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Product Review - V2-V3 Texture Converter

caleb68 opened this issue on Feb 03, 2003 ยท 41 posts

caleb68 posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:24 AM

converting the eyes - thats simple :) if ya take a look, if your converting v2 eyes, load the head, click the 'eyes' option on the screen, then do the little convert :) boom done :D if your converting v3 eyes, load the eye texture, clicke the 'eyes' option on the screen, then do the little convert boom done again :D! Its really a simple program to use, if you take a look at image 1 in the first post and the little options there on the screen its pretty self explaining :) it will convert the body, head, eyes, or transmaps over :) I love it personally. It takes me 3 days to do the work this thing does in seconds. To me personally, yes its worth the money, but i work on things for other people sense im a merchant. This is as Farside said, a great Merchant Utility if there making body textures, because of the ammount of time it saves them in rebuilding the texture for victoria 2 or 3. Personally im hoping the abilities of the program get expanded to yet more of the characters like P4 male/female n' mike and steph :) just going to have to wait and see on that :) Yes there is a a way to map V3 to V2, but no way to map V2 to V3. Then you have those of us that were working on new body texture for V2 right before V3 came out and were kinda shattered by it, and started working on V3 stuff. This utility comes in very handy for that. Memory Problem - HAven't heard anything on that, seems to work fine on my machines :) 1.33 mHz machine with 1gig ram, 800mHz machine with 512 ram, and a 450celeron with 320ram, though i have fixed swap files on them all too of 2gigs so i don't know if that has anything to do with me not seeing it. I'd suggest checking Dark_Whispers forum :) he's answered alotta Quick Questions about it in there :) This program saved me from about 3 weeks work reworking some of my textures to be v3 textures, so ya, im defently grateful.