Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser User Interface Stability?

trails2rails opened this issue on Feb 10, 2003 ยท 14 posts

JohnRender posted Mon, 10 February 2003 at 11:54 AM

{One thing I have noticed that seems to make things worse is doing a "COPY" from the render window and then pasting into another application like Adobe Photoshop} Why are you doing a copy & paste from the render window? If you're going to take the image into Photoshop anyway, just Save the image as a Photoshop document. But, here are some more interface issues (in Poser 4): When rendering to a new, larger window, the new window may appear as a small square at the bottom of Poser. This makes it impossible to grab or move or save. I had to resize my screen to 1024x768 to see it... but then Poser moved all of the controls around and resized my document window from a rectangle to a square. I was then able to move the render window and save the document. When I went back to 800x600, the document window was still square and I had to fight with Poser to get it back to the original rectangle shape. Also, yes, if Photoshop is open at the same time, Poser will start to slow down after a few hours' work. This is probably due to Poser's known memory issues or it may be due to Photoshop needing a lot of memory. Either way, it may be best to quit Photoshop until you really need it. Or, close Poser and then use Photoshop. Or, continue pressing people to make Poser 4.5- a stable version of Poser 4, but without the Poser 5 non-working "features" (and slowness and bad render engine).