Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Thanks for the support - but no thanks

3-DArena opened this issue on Feb 07, 2003 ยท 74 posts

Questor posted Tue, 11 February 2003 at 5:01 PM

Okay, I think I need to get involved in this now. Seeing as there's this mysterious person mentioned... :) Rena is correct that I declined her offer of the model because I'd made arrangements to purchase this model. She offered to let me have it as a gift from one friend to another. However, I had already made arrangements to purchase this file. So, she did not send it to me for testing, I purchased it for that purpose. I consider Rena a very close friend, and Silvermage also. I work as a moderator on LSM's site - so does Rena (we co-moderate a forum together), so I guess that means I have a hidden agenda or something, being a 3DArena "thug" or whatever BVH has decided to arbitrarily label people as lately. The reason I purchased the model is because LSM was all alone here with a file that appeared broken, she asked my opinion on it, and whether she really was going nuts. The only way I could form that opinion is if I got hold of it. Rena became aware that I was interested in the model and offered to let me have a copy as a friend, because we've known each other for years. So, there we go. As an unbiased modeller I was offered a copy as a friend and purchased a copy to test. How much more confused can you get? Now, on to the file itself. Sorry, Jeff, you're wrong, it's broken. PixelFader, there's no Witchunt here, just a customer with a file that doesn't work who certain individuals (one admin and BVH) are trying to make out to be a complete idiot. As for Witchunt, perhaps you should read the thread started by your friend and see how one really starts. If you even slightly understood the crap Stormrage has had to put up with because BVH can't get his facts straight, you might just sound a bit more credible. Now. If there is any further doubt as to the condition of this model. I have a series of 75 rendered images detailing the problem, along with the degree of movement applied and other information as relevant. I can post them here, or I can send them to whomever in Admin staff wants them. The model was put through a series of tests that used to be used at 3DCommune by their testing staff, and a series developed by Ironbear and myself intended as testing guidelines. This file needs to be fixed and any purchasers informed of the fix so they can update. This is a beautiful model and it's unfortunate that this problem exists because it limits it's use considerably. Value & Summary. Rena's textures alone are worth the cost of this file. The problems encountered with the bodice (and a couple with the leg guards) can be hidden by selective posing or tricked in post. They're irritating as all hell but not life threatening. Alone with the problems this model is not worth the money. Fixed, it most certainly is. It's beautifully made, beautifully textured and would be an excellent addition to any Fantasy collection. But, not UNTIL it is fixed and that breakage removed.