Forum: Bryce

Subject: FOUNDATION

wolf359 opened this issue on Feb 13, 2003 ยท 11 posts

lsstrout posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 12:23 PM

From www.scifi.com: 9:00am ET, 4-December-02 Smith Tops I, Robot Will Smith has signed on to star in I, Robot, a big-screen, big-budget adaptation of Isaac Asimov's classic SF short-story collection, according to Variety. The trade paper reported that Alex Proyas (The Crow and Dark City) will helm the production, which is slated to get underway in April 2003. Smith will star in the futuristic thriller as a detective on the case of a crime possibly committed by a robot, despite the fact that robots must follow strict rules of behavior. "The big idea here is that if the robots have found a way to violate the laws, there is nothing to stop them from taking over, even though that seems an impossibility given those three prevailing rules," Hutch Parker, president of 20th Century Fox's film division, told the trade paper. Parker added that Smith, star of such SF hits as Independence Day and the Men in Black films, makes for perfect casting. "Putting him in a film with a visualist like Proyas and one of the most indelible pre-awareness titles in SF makes this well worth the five or so years we've invested in the project." This makes my brain curl up in fear. Lin