Forum: Bryce

Subject: FOUNDATION

wolf359 opened this issue on Feb 13, 2003 ยท 11 posts

pakled posted Thu, 13 February 2003 at 5:45 PM

I've got all the Asimov I could find as a kid, read Foundation and I Robot (even have a hardback..;). My memory may be failing me, but I seem to remember a Twilight Zone (the B&W one) with, of all people, both William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in one of the Robot short stories. Bicentennial Man is actually one of Asimovs' that was made into a movie, as well as Fantastic Voyage (sci-fi channel looks like they're making an 'original' copy of it soon..;) I don't know if they could do the Foundation series as a movie, it's 3 main books, plus all the 'killer-B's' addons, prequels, etc. Lucas did borrow Coruscant from Trantor, the similarities are just too close..;) The original was based on the fall of the Roman empire, and covers centuries..
Will Smith? I Robot? there were a few short stories where the robots did get around the 3 laws, but they were usually toasted mentally afterwards..and what was I talking about? This is the Bryce Forum, right?..;) I've got most of the earlier Clarke as well, up until he started doing the tag-team bit with other authors..;) now Rama.., could be a green-light with that..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)