Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Have CL finally abandoned P5 and us?????

STORM3 opened this issue on Feb 14, 2003 ยท 34 posts

STORM3 posted Sat, 15 February 2003 at 10:37 AM

Thanks for all your answers.
P5 largely works ok for me except for the hair collision stuff and some issues with the firefly renderer.
And while there are problems, it is superb when it works, particularly the material room which has opened up whole new dimensions for Poser scenes, effects and texturing.
What really gets to me is that P5 is within reaching distance of what many of us want and hoped for. It requires just a small bit of further effort to get it there and to have a fully functioning application.
Poser did the Lazarus act once after Metacreations, the question is can it do it again if CL goes down?
Sadly for Poser there are many people out there who would snap up P5 if it was stable, tweaked a bit for speed and able to run on all platforms and systems.
99% of the work has been done and it amazes me to think that the whole thing could die in the last few yards of the race. It is almost like a form of depression has descended on the community and CL itself.
What a waste, given that the political issues of the Eula and Interlock system have been resolved, at a great price to many involved, and that many of the program bugs have also been solved.
If CL are still in the business of trying to save this wonderful program they should at least give us a weekly update on progress and reassure us that they are still on the planet. It might keep the candle lighting a little while longer.

Regards
STORM