Forum: Writers

Subject: You need to advertise......

digitalvoodoo opened this issue on Feb 16, 2003 ยท 20 posts

dialyn posted Mon, 17 February 2003 at 9:57 AM

Could be something for the Community Improvement Forum, though I'm not sure there's enough interest to support a gallery. The thing for me is that I rarely have a graphic and a story come out together. I thought I would when I started with Poser but that's not how it has turned out. If I have an idea for a graphic, that's usually all there is. If I have an idea for a story, that's all there is....trying to turn it into a graphic doesn't do much for me. The most successful examples of this are people who are equally good at both (a rare breed) or people who work in pairs so that each can display a strength. I understand there are people who find graphics stimulating to their writing. I just happen to not be one of them so I guess I shouldn't comment on this idea. The more graphics I do, the less writing I do. But that's just me. The other things is, I find long stories tedious to read on a computer screen. I'm sure I'm not the only one who skips great paragraph blocks that tire the eyes. Or maybe I am. Still an interesting idea. It's my nature to come up with alternatives, but it still would be an interesting idea.