Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz3d copyright

cmjackson opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 73 posts

Photopium posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 11:35 AM

Okay. The way I see it, you don't want people who haven't bought the morphs to benefit from the morphs, correct? It's not a matter of protecting the mesh, because morph squishing does this effectively. So, what if a spawned morph target that contained fractions of your morphs along with original material such as magnet work or the like were both squished and coded with Mover against the original installer exe for whichever morph pak applies? This insures they own the morph pak in question. The reason I ask these questions is because making Characters IS HARD WORK. I try to do likenesses, and it often takes 25 versions before something decent emerges. This can take several months sometimes, and results in 400 pose files and a dozen spawned morph targets. In short, it is impossible to have one pose file at the end of the process. So, if the result DAZ wants is to protect the sales of the Morph Paks, the squisher/Mover solution works just as well to that end as does the Pose file solution. There's your constructive. Now, I must politely ask that you cease telling me what to say/not say. I call them as I see them, and I'm really interested in this process you are going to use as you closely inspect items for elements of your morphs. When someone tells me to shut up, that just makes me think I'm hitting something pretty near the truth. -WTB