Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Rep Hints at Gestapo Tactics - Deflects Questioning

Photopium opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 39 posts

Photopium posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 2:06 PM

That is not the issue, from what I can tell. DAZ/Anton says you can distribute characters if they are in the form of a Pz2 (one assumes a FC2 file is acceptable as well.) This shows that they don't mind if you make money from making characters out of their morphs, as long as you do it this way. Why that way? Because as long as it's a pz2 or fc2, then the person on the other end MUST have the morph paks, which means a sale. I get that. Making characters, however, takes many elements besides DAZ morphs. It takes Magnets. It takes mesh manipulation in outside programs. It takes third party morphs. It takes a million efforts, subtle tweaking and even collaboration. The chance that a character will emerge from this process in one DAZ friendly Pose file is...astronomical. So I offer a method which would assure DAZ's protection on spawned morph targets. Squeeze 'em and Move 'em. But if Anton is all we got, then we must assume that DAZ is totally uninterested in solutions and not at all willing to discuss the means by which they will investigate possible violations.