Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Rep Hints at Gestapo Tactics - Deflects Questioning

Photopium opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 39 posts

Joerg Weber posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 2:31 PM

Well, While I have my reservations about Anton (Nothing personal, but you do tend to start witch-hunts every now and then. Not as bad as StefyZZ, but bad enough...) I can see no wrong on his side in this discussion. DAZ does not want you to redistribute their geometry. It is their damn right to so. PERIOD! I wouldn't want you to redistribute my commercial geometry-data either. Allowing the use of pz2- and fc2-files is a way to allow the sharing of a character containing this commercial geometry-data - a very friendly move by DAZ if you ask me. Other corporations might even forbid the commercial use of such reference-files. But using commercial-geometry of someone else to create freestuff or your own commerical material if definitely theft. If you want your character to have a broader jaw, then model that morphtarget yourself! Don't use DAZ geometry if you want to sell something. Also, while I am actually rather script-stupid, even I havew found an easy way to strip object-files of everything but the v-lines. (Just load it into PHI-Builder and remove everything but the v-lines.) On this case, Anton is definitely absolutely right. Joerg