Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz3d copyright

cmjackson opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 73 posts

Philodox posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 4:50 PM

"That would not be allowed. Commercial items are not meant to be used as development or resource tools to make freebies or other products. This includes mesh, morphs and textures. Actually there isn't anything I can think of that would be allowed.

These are the big things to avoid.

Never use Daz morphs to make characters. This is not allowed. Morphs must be from scratch with no help from Daz morphs even at the lowest settings. This is something we were lax about with V2 we are watching closely now.

Don't use Daz meshes as a starting point. Like textures and morphs, the work must be completely from scratch.

Doing to for your private use is one thing but must not be shared. I know you were just asking about the texture but since others will read this I wanted to cover the basics. Hope that helps.

Anton
Daz3d.com"

Lemme get this straight... I create a character for Victoria 3... the character uses only morphs from the packs available at DAZ right now... I create a mor pose for the character... no CR2s, morphs or anything else is included, only a pose to tell it what to set each morph to... In order to use the character, a person would have to purchase the existing morph packs from DAZ3D... According to your statement, because I used only DAZ morphs, even though none of them are included, I can't distribute the character?