Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz3d copyright

cmjackson opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 73 posts

Jim Burton posted Tue, 18 February 2003 at 8:08 PM

You have to remember DAZ's main intrest here is (very rightly) protecting what they sell. They don't want people to use any of their for-sale stuff without paying for it, as that is how they make their money, after all. You buy it, you can use it, while they give away stuff, but they don't what to give away what they sell, if you get my drift. They don't sell any version of Victoria that doesn't come with the original Vickie I morphs, so they don't have any concern about them being included in a CR2, they can't be used on another mesh, of course, anyway. Same with the Vickie III JCM ones. Stephanie, incidently, is a special case, as her base does include some that can be used on Mike, thus they have a redistributable CR2 that should be used for characters like my Pin-up Stepanie. Actually, most of my figures are usable without any of the DAZ morphs (other than JCM ones), as they are so decorative you don't mind them standing around, not being able to close their eyes, or open their mouths. ;-)