Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Those lips... ugh... and the nose... oh god, the nose... (a rant)

Joerg Weber opened this issue on Feb 18, 2003 ยท 66 posts

FishNose posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 4:27 AM

1. Joerg - I'm not reacting specifically to your comments. I'm ranting too, lol... against any kind of taste elitist tendencies. Which I saw lots of in this thread. 2. You wrote: "Apart from that, I think that this representation of women is somewhat degrading, as we all know, what that pouty look and those huge lips are suggesting." Absolutely, it is obvious, and perfectly OK by me. I don't see how depicting a woman as sexy is degrading?? I don't get it. Is it degrading to depict a man as sexy, whatever your view of sexy men might be? Why is sexy or beautiful or stuff like that degrading to women?? On the other hand, saying that women are worth less than men (as many cultures, many individuals and even a number of religions do!!!) is degrading. But being inspired by beauty is not degrading in any way. Whatever your view of beauty or sexiness might be. Pouty lips or not. Being a guy, I find women endlessly inspiring to look at. Also to live with, be friends with, work with, be the father of (I have 2 daughters), whatever. The two things are not exclusive of each other in any way. A woman can be incredibly gorgeous and extremely intelligent and highly competent and have impeccable taste and be a perfect mother and be fantastic in bed etc etc all at the same time. She doesn't go stupid just because she looks good, neither in 3D images, photos or real life. (Lord forbid I should meet this perfect woman, it'll be same the day I die, lol) (end of rant) :] Fish