Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question re DAZ morphs

SamTherapy opened this issue on Feb 19, 2003 ยท 41 posts

Phantast posted Thu, 20 February 2003 at 4:56 AM

Ajax: "Sure they can, as long as you know how much of each morph you put into the mix, you can take it out any time. DAZ even have step by step instructions on how to do it in their FAQ. You just set your combined morph to one, then set the DAZ "ingredient" morphs that you need to remove to the negative of whatever setting you had for them when you made the combo, then you can spawn a new morph which will be completely free of the DAZ morphs." I don't follow. How can one do that if one doesn't have the DAZ morphs? Look at it this way. Suppose I make a face for V2 using all the V2 face morphs at different settings. I spawn a single head morph from the result and call it "Clarissa". I now give the Clarissa morph target to someone who has V1. If they load it, they can recreate the Clarissa face with settings from 0.0 to 1.0 but I don't see that they can possibly extract all the individual V2 morphs. Technically, I agree that in this case the Clarissa morph would probably infringe copyright, but in practice I don't see that it would be harmful in the sense of dissuading a V1 owner from upgrading to V2 because he/she could get V2 by disassembling Clarissa.