Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hello, fellow hobbyists!!!

dialyn opened this issue on Feb 26, 2003 ยท 47 posts

TheWanderer posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:06 PM

Hi Hey I don't want to start a riot but I personally think that all of the galleries should be renamed hobbyist! Ok Ok let me explain...... well we come here to have fun right, if your type of fun is saying that i'm an artist then so be it get on with it... but as has been said so many times what one person sees as a work of art another sees as a hobbyists dabble. Heck call me a philistine(sp) but I can go into a gallery (reallity not virtual) and see 'pictures' by some of the 'old masters' or even 'modern'contempory art and well to be honest 98% of it I wouldn't give the time of day to!..... except and this is a big except for the realisation that no matter who did it or what it is someone put a lot of his/her time, effort and spirit/soul in to it..... My point is I actualy think that this will lead to a lot more elitism and I actualy think that a lot of peoples work will be missed by assigning genres, I mean that if a person goes looking for fantasy only he/she might miss an image in a persons gallery which may be of interest or use. just my 2 penneth Dave