Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hello, fellow hobbyists!!!

dialyn opened this issue on Feb 26, 2003 ยท 47 posts

dialyn posted Wed, 26 February 2003 at 4:12 PM

I don't see the Hobbyist category as being Poser only. And, yes, there is a danger people won't cruise outside of one gallery. It's hard to know what the perfect solution would be. Some people never look in the galleries at all. Some people focus on the Hot 20 kind of stuff. Other people just post their own art and never look at anyone else's galleries. But that's human nature and we aren't going to change that. I think this is an opportunity for people who felt uncomfortable with the whole artist versus non-artist argument that seems to be an ongoing theme to find a place where they don't have to feel intimidated by those labels, where they can explore and have fun and feel like they are with other people who share a common interest in enjoying and learning. The beginner and work in progress galleries are also available. No one has to post in one gallery all the time. And it never hurts to post on the forum of your choice if you find something that knocks your socks off in another gallery. This should be about learning from each other...not being territorial. It's not us versus them (or should be...it's just a way of reshuffling the deck so people can feel comfortable about posting. Just my opinion.