Forum: Photography

Subject: Zone System for Digital Photographers

Misha883 opened this issue on Mar 01, 2003 ยท 12 posts

Michelle A. posted Sun, 02 March 2003 at 7:10 AM

I'm going to be honest and say that I never use my histogram when using my digital camera, I simply use my 'eye'....btw I couldn't figure out how to get that cute little screen shot of the in-camera histogram. I've always been of the opinion that the Zone System is the Zone System no matter what kind of camera (traditional/digi) you may be using. What film is another story though as Wolfsnap states... However as I said above I've never tried to put the ZS into use while using my Dimage7. I can see the shadows lighten/darken with the turn of the wheel....same for the highlights. I guess I'm just not a techy person...it's all visual for me. This shot here is the actual from camera unprocessed image, and the screen shot of the histogram from the image using the camera's software....this histogram matches the one in camera. Of course this was done by eye....with thought to the histogram, uhh, just a few moments ago. Of course it still needs to be adjusted, but not much.... Very interesting stuff Misha.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com