Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3/V2 hybrid in Freestuff - Wow!!

fauve opened this issue on Mar 06, 2003 ยท 19 posts

Netherworks posted Thu, 06 March 2003 at 3:24 PM

You're welcome! Glad to share. Kudos to Crescent too for hosting so that we could put it in Freestuff. :) fauve, Viomar modeled the joining upper neck and set up the cr2. I can't speak for him, but I've done other hybrid figures and its not too hellish. ;) Actually, there wasn't much joint reworking or any of that (none on my end anyways). Some of it actually fell into place. Kalypso, yeah we really wanted to do the V3 mapping. However, it would have been an extreme amount of work to redo the V2 body - neither of use have any really high-end mapping tools. Trying to completely simulate DAZ mapping is a hellish effort (nods to fauve), just ask AprilYSH. Also we could have kept the V3 head mapping, but then matching different head textures to different body textures is problematic. DW's Texture Converter may be an alternate solution for you, as Frank said. Terry, unfortunately the dials don't stay hidden all the time concerning the Injection Technology. I'm sure DAZ did the best they could with PoserHacking to do it. It sounds like you're seeing "ghosts" of all the dials. You'll still have to inject the head morphs seperately (as fauve said). You may want to try using the DAZ dial utility to hide the naked dials. It does back up your original character (pretty sure).