Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pose folder management advice?

taerin opened this issue on Mar 11, 2003 ยท 8 posts

NPeters posted Tue, 11 March 2003 at 5:53 PM

Recently I was faced with the same problem: A large, unwieldy amount of material in the Pose folder, so much, in fact that the entire menu would not show. Pbooost will not work for me as a means of organizing files, so I developed a method of my own. I organized modules of folders with various headings such as Animals, Female Costumes, Wings, Footwear, Jewellry, etc. In each module I placed folders that were relevant to that topic. The titles of these subfolders always started with a + and you will see why in a minute. For example, in the Wings module, I would place +Fae Wings, +Butterfly Wings, etc. When I wanted to work with a particular module, I would cut and paste the entire contents of that module outside of the module folder but within the Pose folder. Because these subfolders had titles beginning with + they would rise to the top of the menu, and the entire Pose list was short and easy to manage. When I was finished working with a module, I would simply cut and paste the contents back into the module folder. Yes, it takes a bit of extra time, but the alternative was to combine folders (a nightmare) or suffer the consequences of a list so long that only part of it was even visible. May not work for everyone, but I find it does for me.