Forum: Vue

Subject: Rendercow.....

Dale B opened this issue on Mar 12, 2003 ยท 13 posts

MightyPete posted Thu, 13 March 2003 at 1:17 AM

You got them all named right? Without a name they will not show up. I don't know how to do it on Y2K. This is the problem ay, norton is industral and it's complex so people have problems getting it set up properly and even companies for that matter and they goof it up. They think there protected and they're not. Works around Yank the cable out of the wall. Turn off Norton. Search till you find the other computers. You got to find them in network neighborhood. Oh rememeber from the hard way. There is a bug in Winders, ya right how many is that. But I discovered you cannot make changes to the network settings. It maybe a feature to keep people form hacking them. You got to unistall tcp/ip and reinstall it BEFORE YOU REBOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Like don't quit with no tcp/ip there or you will be in safe mode and big trouble... Just uninstall tcp/ip then right next reinstall it don't reboot, then reboot go there again and set permissions and name file sharing for your network. Do that on all machines. You end up rebooting seamingly endlessly. Then when you got that all down the names should finally show up in Network neighborhood with a search for computers... Then you got it going turn Norton back on get it working all over again. Like tweak norton till it works then go plug the net back in... Chances of you having a one way swich is 0%. They don't make chips like that. The only make one, why would they make two different kinds.. It would cost more and nobody would buy it anyway cause it would never work. That would make for a really expence supposed cheap chip. Lynksys does not make anywthing oneway it's all 10/100 two way giving max 200. I got the same system here only no lan, only a swicth. You don't need a lan really a switch works just fine. But you need a server then. I guess what ever works. I use a small Linux box for a server. You only need that though for sharing the net. The network only requires a switch