Forum: OT

Subject: OT: a question...and a little research ;o)

LaurieA opened this issue on Mar 15, 2003 ยท 91 posts

HaiGan posted Sat, 15 March 2003 at 1:12 PM

Scary creatures that gave me nightmares? Actually, I was the kid that was forever pointing out the wires, or the flaws in the costumes, or trying to figure out how they did the effect. ;) I think the things that scared me the most were those I could never properly see. The things with no faces, the shadows that loomed but were never properly visible. Those, and the things that looked /almost/ like creatures I know, but were just a tiny bit /wrong/. Humans with glowing eyes and blank faces, dogs that lurched instead of running properly, rats that swarmed and attacked instead of running away. I have to admit as well, daleks still scare me a tiny bit, despite having seen inside a 'real' one. I think it's the way they glide without legs. That, and there used to be one in a museum in London, set up so that you didn't see it unless you were looking behind you as you turned to go through a door, and rigged so that as you opened the door it chanted "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" Did that ever make me jump!