Forum: OT

Subject: OT: a question...and a little research ;o)

LaurieA opened this issue on Mar 15, 2003 ยท 91 posts

Rockatansky posted Mon, 17 March 2003 at 5:47 PM

In no particular order,,,, Michael Myers from Halloween...that William Shatner mask, the heavy breathing , the way he stares at the victims after offing them, his sheer relentlessness...scary stuff indeed!!! Bruce the shark from Jaws....teeth,teeth and more teeth!! The Peter Cushing zombie from Tales from the Crypt (the 70's movie)...he pulls out hearts...'nuff said. Fluffy from Creepshow....lives in a crate and leaps out unexpectedly to tear off your face!!! The Birthday Zombie from Creepshow. Resides in the creepiest graveyard ever...removes heads...makes them into cakes! The gremlin on the wing in The Twilight Zone: The Movie....you know its going to be staring in the window...but it still makes you jump when you see it! Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)...he's as twisted as hell and carries a chainsaw...what is there not to be afraid of? The Hound of the Baskervilles (Basil Rathbone version)...not sure if it was the dog or simply the eerie setting that scared me. Those foggy moors with boggy bits that you can disappear into. That vampire kid in Salem's Lot, who floats up to the window and scratches at the glass. This one is giving me the creeps just thinking about it! The Wicked Witches and the talking trees from The Wizard of Oz (not the flying monkeys though - I always kinda liked them). The meths drinkers in Theatre of Blood (they're the ones that help Vincent Price and Diana Rigg to exact revenge on the theatre critics). A weird bunch of crazies, one and all! Any hostile natives from Johnny Weismuller Tarzan films. They used to spear the luggage bearers who would let out blood curdling screams. I seem to remember one film where someone was tied between a couple of bent over trees, and when the ropes were cut they were torn in two. Fu Manchu...my god he used to scare the hell out of me. He'd behead his enemies or drown them in watertight chambers. Surprised no-one else has mentioned him.