Forum: Community Center

Subject: Two suggestions for improvement of galleries viewing

Orio opened this issue on Mar 18, 2003 ยท 13 posts

Moebius87 posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 8:21 PM

I like using cryptic thumbnails for my artwork. And I will continue to do so. I am thrilled that other members discover my work despite the cropped thumbnail images which only show a bit of what I would like them to see. I don't mind if this "style" doesn't allow me sufficient exposure and that other members won't be interested to have a look. I apologize that this is "inconvenient" to some viewers, but if your suggestion is adopted... and since thumbnails are optional anyway... I would probably opt to drop using thumbnails entirely than to yield to this imposition on my personal style as an artist. Hiding your "favorite artists" list on your own home page sounds like a good option. Regarding your second suggestion of an exclusive "premium" limited posting allowed gallery... I'm not sure I follow the line of reasoning here. It's just one more thing to monitor from the site management side, and one more thing to abuse from the other side. I like it that you are adding to the features of the site, but I would skip this function entirely since it sometimes takes me several weeks before I get an image uploaded. Despite the time it takes to get my images out the door, I would hardly classify my output as "premium". :o) Cheers! - M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."