Forum: Fractals

Subject: Sales

marcusbacus opened this issue on Mar 16, 2003 ยท 11 posts

marcusbacus posted Wed, 19 March 2003 at 2:22 PM

I was thinking about offering some of my stuff too, but not using Ebay at all, or any other kind of site. I would prefer to offer them directly on my site - I'm still thinking what's the best way to do it. So far I just have a message like "do you want to buy a print of any of these images? Contact me" etc. This way, the possible buyer would have an option to get things in a way he wants - as much as possible - like different sizes, framed/not framed, different papers, etc. I have ideas of selling not only printed stuff, but also other "multimedia" items (I shouldn't tell you my business secrets :P ).

Adding a virtual store to our sites isn't a good idea - it takes a lot of effort and costs a lot too, if you want to implement all the security measures (a SSL license is very expensive). You would have to have big average sales to maintain that.

A difficult point to sell "ready-to-hang" images would be that not everybody has the same tastes as us, a wonderful framing for you could look awful in other people's bedrooms/kitchens (sometimes they choose their artworks according to the colours of their sofas...), so I'm guessing that offering just the printed images is the best way to do it with the less ammount of annoyances.

But... I still don't know how much to charge... back to the first question...