Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Other forum removed post!

krbtv opened this issue on May 19, 2000 ยท 19 posts

bonestructure posted Sun, 21 May 2000 at 3:39 PM

I think part of the problem is that there are two basic kinds of people on the internet. There are those that take the net very seriously, and there are those that don't think anything that happens on the net is real. Those of us who take it seriously realize that there are real people, with genuine feelings and problems behind the words, and so we try to judge carefully what we say and do, just as we would in real life. Those who think that nothing which happens on the net is real assume that no matter what they say or how they say it, it won't make any difference to anyone or affect anyone. I've encountered this problem over and over again at various sites and chat rooms. There are people for whom the net is nothing but a toy, and they cannot understand that the people on the other end of the words take them quite seriously and can be dreadfully hurt by them. I don't know which krbtv is, but I'm certainly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. That may be just the way she talks normally, and she might well mean absolutely nothing by it. If she's been misunderstood, then she should at least attempt to clarify her meaning, or just let it pass. People make mistakes all the time, but somehow on the net, condemnation is very quick and forgiveness comes very slowly.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.