Forum: Vue

Subject: Another tutorial (which I truly hope is amazing to ;)

thomaskrahn opened this issue on Mar 27, 2003 ยท 25 posts

MightyPete posted Sat, 29 March 2003 at 9:18 AM

Well how about I just upload the file... A picture is worth a thousand words. It's a texture right you cannot make it three D cause it's flat.... keep that in mind. Hmmm I can't find it now. It's not surprising. My hard drives are 100 gig and there fullish. There is lots of files here. I can't remember what I called it. I'll tell you how I made it though. i rendered a green mossy texture in Vue 512 X 512 then i took that picture and sprayed grass on it with a image hose of some kind and made it seamless with offset like the link there explains then I took that grass and rendered it in Vue in a different scene with plants added. it worked but the scene was not to big. If you need more three d-ish grass then forget that, render the moss and paint the grass with the image hose direct on the art. I got the final just I cannot find the seamless grass texture I used. I got some pretty good grass here though but it needs work. I don't know where I got it from there big pictures though. 1600 X 1200 size stuff. Needs to be made seamless by the looks of it. Bigger is better. I'll make a seamless big one for ya when I wake up. I need sleep right now.