Forum: Bryce

Subject: Check it out. . . . Never to young to be a Brycean!!

nuski opened this issue on Mar 28, 2003 ยท 38 posts

madmax_br5 posted Sat, 29 March 2003 at 9:36 PM

I am very into photography, and this was the doing of bryce. I picked up the mouse long before the camera, but using bryce has made me feel much more in touch with the art of photography. Many of the same principles and techniques exist between digital art and photographic art. On my first day in photography class, the teacher asked what contrast was, and i told her it was the difference between light and dark area in a picture. She asked me how i knew, and all i could say was that it was common knowledge to me. When i look back on it, I realize that it was bryce that gave me that knowledge. Also, I find bryce connecting to more and more things in my life as I use it more. It has helped me learn final cut pro (basic animation), helped me with fractal patterns (math class), helped me with photography, and more importantly, i understand the world around me much more and i am more capable of expressing myself. This a role of the artist is it not? I have just realized that there is very little distinction between art and science, and i see that more often in myself all the time. Take leonardo Davinci as an example, blend of art and science. hmm...back to the purpose of the thread, good beginning image! Learn to adjust texture frequncy, and lighting settings. Keep it up! my 2c.