Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Platinum Club: All Victoria3, all the time...

NVITWS opened this issue on Apr 01, 2003 ยท 56 posts

Preston posted Wed, 02 April 2003 at 5:59 PM

By the way, I didn't start this thread and I'm not upset with Daz3d. My original response was, like NVITWS, I have no interest in V3 products and by and large the Platinum Club additions have not met my needs. The initial group of files listed had enough to make it worth my while for subscribing - consequently I do not feel as though I've been taken advantage of, nor have I tried to convey that. (I believe that some of the initial products I liked so much, such as "The Rulers of Egypt", were even created by the inscrutible PheonixRising/Anton) :) I like Daz3d. I enjoy their/your products and I wish the company well. But as I noted before, the recent additions haven't met my needs and so unless something changes I see no reason to resubscribe at a cost of $100. If I am in the minority this should be of no consequence to Daz. After all, you can't please everyone. On the otherhand, if I'm not in the minority, there is a chance that others will not renew either. Despite the vocal and very happy V3 owners I would bet a considerable sum there are many more potential customers with Vicky 2 than with Vicky 3. Besides the Platinum Club, I also subscribe to Poserworld and Poserstyle. A similar discussion was held at Poserworld (though I was not involved) and Steve has since been more balanced at providing V2 products (and there was much rejoicing). As a comparison, the type of products Poserworld and Poserstyle create more closely meet my needs and interests than what Daz has been doing. As for what my interests are: I am most interested in realistic and historical garb, props and scenes. I've recently purchased things such as: The Lourdes/Malis Viking Pack Guilland's Fashions of the Old West and Johnson's 15th Century Armor I am very happy with all those but I paid the same price for those items (and others) than I would have without a Platinum Club membership.