Forum: Carrara

Subject: I just need to vent

graylensman opened this issue on Mar 31, 2003 ยท 10 posts

Pinklet posted Thu, 03 April 2003 at 6:00 PM

It's funny, but it seems that I am the only one here that was actually using Infini-D. I started with Ray Dream 3, than upgraded it to 4. Then I started using Infini-D and just loved it. It was very stable and it seemed more advanced then Ray Dream, when the company got assimilated I was devastated. To me the way you could map things in to geometry in Infini-D was a lot better than even Carrara 2. I would love to see them bring back some of that in to Carrara 3, it just made UV mapping a lot easer. I personally don't care much for the layers list in Carrara, it just seems awkward, and the Mapping tools are quirky. What really gets me is that Metacreations initial campaign to introduce Carrara was kind of deceiving in a way, they led every body believe that Carrara was going to have the best of RayDream and the Best of Infini-D, they pretty dumped almost all the code for Infini-D and kept all or RayDream's. Don't get me wrong I have always liked RayDream, but I think that Infini-D had much more to offer.