Forum: Community Center

Subject: an idea of my own. let me know what ya think

edarsenal opened this issue on May 25, 2000 ยท 28 posts

3DSprite posted Thu, 25 May 2000 at 6:18 AM

The most complaints I get from members here are..... "I just posted a picture in the gallery and after only an hour it's on page 3!!!" "Some jerk just posted a whole bunch of WIPS in the gallery displacing everyones work!!" "My Artwork doesn't get enough exposure here, this is rediculous!! I post it and I am lucky to get any comments at all because it gets buried so fast folks don't even see it!!!" "I am sick of getting flames under my picture!! Can you remove it??" "Someone planted a booger on my pic, can you get rid of it?" "Too much garbage in the galleries that is making my work look bad, can't you folks do something??" "You folks should really consider limiting the amount someone can post in the galleries!! I am sick of some jerk posting a bunch of pics at a time and displacing mine and everyone elses!!" "Why do so many people come here and post so many low quality pics?? Makes the folks that take their time and post only one pic look bad, and no one can see the good stuff cause it's buried by the crap!!!" "We need a special gallery for quality images where Artists can maybe post one pic a day, or even a week, make it a membership gallery; then folks will at least take more time to create quality and their work will get the exposure that it deserves for a long enough time period. Please consider this option??" The last one is a comment summary of something that I have been getting a LOT lately, and frankly I think it's an AWSOME idea!! Why not have a special gallery. Why not provide a "gold membership" package or something, where the member gets to post one pic a day or a week in a special gallery and perhaps also give these gold members a discount to certain items or something?? I think folks would welcome this, knowing the frustrations of everyone with our HIGH TRAFFIC GALLERIES I think everyone would welcome a way to get their work some viewers?? What do you think?? People, now is your chance to talk about this ;-) 3D