Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Intellectual Property and Releases (Or Who Owns What?)

bast opened this issue on May 25, 2000 ยท 18 posts

STORM3 posted Fri, 26 May 2000 at 6:26 PM

"As to this one thing, we are selling ROYALTY FREE products here, so though many artists may build into their release contracts provisions for royalties, we will not go down that road. You sold the product to him." Bast I am not sure exactly what you mean by this. And please do pick this up wrong, I am not trying to undermine your work on this issue. However, to the best of my information and legal understanding, if an Artist or manufacturer builds in usage restrictions to their product and their licencing terms, those licencing restrictions take legal precedence over anything you or any other third party vendor may state or intend. I think your term "ROYALTY FREE" needs further explanation and clarification as it may lead to a certain ammount of confusion among both purchasers and contributers. Might I suggest insted that you have a seperate free download of any licence agreement for any product in the store that potential buyers can look at before making a decision to buy. This will remove the Store from potential conflicts and save you a lot of problems in the long term.