Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Seeking two things: hand texture and a gypsy character

pookah69 opened this issue on Apr 24, 2003 ยท 28 posts

SpectreOfDesire posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 3:52 PM

Oh brother. I have Romani blood and I'm not flipping out over this. For real, just take a pill and relax a bit, man. A cultural slur, perhaps. Racial slur, I don't buy it. And it's nothing like the slur used against black Americans. For the record, no, it's not really 'traditional' wear. But then again, what -is- traditional anymore? Regardless, it was really a petty thing to freak out about. In my honest opinion, and I mean no disrespect anywhere or to anyone, but the problems should have been private in the first place. It was wrong to have stated displeasure in the open, and it was wrong to have responded in the manner that happened. And also, uhh. Most 'traditional' Romani women are stuck in ways that are slowly dying. Not only do I have Rom blood, but for several years I lived next to a Rom family who made enough money to buy a home. They'd often ask me to come over and read things to them. However, after a few months, they sold the home and moved on. Some tradtions never die, and some fade away as the years go by. Somehow, I lost my train of thought. But yeah, whatever. I'm Rom blood, but I stand in defense of Anton, because this wouldn't have happened if some offensive, while unintentional, remarks hadn't been made.