Forum: Vue

Subject: Whats the best OS for vue

zxcvb opened this issue on Apr 26, 2003 ยท 27 posts

MightyPete posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 6:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm

"but I bet Vue runs faster on XP than 98 and the OS is a lot more secure if you are running this computer on a network or cable modem/DSL." I'll take you up on that bet. $10,000 fair enough? I could use some easy money. Put your money up and we'll test it fare and square, winner takes all, first box to get hacked pays a extra $10,000 stupidity bonus this will include popup banners showing up threw MSN backdoors as a hack cause it is and is a security risk. Well I beg to disagree, Maybe faster then 98 but not faster than 98lite. With 98 lite you'll get computer clock speed as in it cannot go any faster unless you change the processor or overclock. As for security, Where ya been man? There is a new hole a week found in xp at least if not more. 3 this week alone and one of them installs a new hole. This is a not secure operation system by any stretch of the imagination. How can you truthfully say that? Any operating system with IE and LOOKOUT is a hole with a big red sign saying hack me please, I'm easy! Like how may worms have wiped out the web this year? Oh you forgot to patch? What about the a least 5 patches this year that made new holes? As for stabiliy I beg to disagree too. A look around this site ( the link), Look around the help forum. Unbeleavable how anyone could say this is stable ! You need to sign up to see the posts but it's painless. Oh don't forget to look at all the 1000's of problems people are having getting there hardware working. Make sure you read the post about the guy changing his motherboard and having to buy a new copy of XP pro from micronot. You only need to run Zone Alarm on 98lite to make it hack proof after you remove IE and LOOKOUT form the installed components. But there is a bad side too in that is a few short years this probably will not be a option so as time goes by problems will show up. But hey you got time to upgrade later after most of the bugs are ironed out or Mirconot goes bankrupt. All he needs to get is the 98lite loader program and it will load his ME as a new 98 Lite version. Cheap like $25 bucks, done deal. But like I said pick you pain, but lets tell him the truth. Like 98lite for sure is not the best solution but look at the big picture there is no best solution. Even Linux you may have problems running some of these programs but somebody did get Vue and Poser to run on it. Xfrog probably will run no problem, it's a fairly simple program it may even be available in Linux flavor I'm not sure.