Forum: Vue

Subject: Whats the best OS for vue

zxcvb opened this issue on Apr 26, 2003 ยท 27 posts

MightyPete posted Sun, 27 April 2003 at 4:14 AM

No you never hit a nerve. Just that I find that 98lite is so lean there is nothing left really to hack. Like even if you tried to run a virus it probably cannot run. The only thing you have to do really is write protect winsock32.dll. Like I said I'm looking for the smallest DOS not the largest. You don't need large to handle these fairly simple programs. Vue works as well as any other program I have here. Is it crashable? Sure, I think you can crash any program on any operating system if you go nuts. Like I've crashed it but not to often. Usually it's my fault trying to do to much all at once. See I want max speed max memory to run my software as fast as possible. I really don't like bloated code. I'm from the old school where every instuction counted and size was everything.Pride in ones code that it was as small as possible and bug free or at least error traps. I used to write programs. Like they can't even figure out buffers this day and age. We are regressing. If XP was made that way I'd be recommending it but it not. Can't be done? Bug free software? Mojoworld 2.0 came out in the summer and it's still 2.0. I haven't found any bugs in it. It works well. It can be done. I have a few programs here that have never died ever. It can be done. A bet more then half my programs are that way at least. Some people got the right idea. I just don't like the direction operating systems are taking. Like changing the mother board then finding out you got to purchase the operating system again. No thank I'll pass. That's unexceptable to me. If everyone said no we would not be putting up with this BS. Oh noticed Xp Look at it sidways... It's Bill RIP