Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

mlevans posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:41 PM

I trust this will not offend anyone, but rockets is correct. If this is a server performance or a bandwidth issue then certainly some sort of constraint needs to be instituted. If not, then it's just silly. Also, the notion that people posting here are in some sort of race to post great quantities of images, thereby sacrificing quality, is ludicrous, and is an insult to some of the finest and most productive members of this community (I do not number myself among those people, by the way; there are too many who are far better than I). We have here a great number of people at many varied levels of skill. What is viewed by some as "my crap doodle #1" may very well be the first fumbling efforts of someone trying very hard to learn the skill and has indeed spent a great deal of time in achieving what he or she has posted. The only way that people like that will get any better is by constant practicing, posting freely, and getting help/comments from others who have been down the same road. On another point, those who try making money from art can tell you that the competition does not limit itself to one presentation per day or whatever. Everybody puts forth as much of their best work as possible in order to get the contract, and devil take the hindmost. This site presents many people with a great opportunity to get their work seen, and that's a good thing. It won't be improved though by tightening up the posting limitations. And as Blazerwiccan mentioned, much as I like posting here, it's not the only site on the Net. Peace.