Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

andy_k posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 7:18 PM

yep - got to agree ART is subjective and that was never in doubt. However - 1, painting by numbers is not art so clicking a few buttons in whatever software to produce a mediocre image in my opinion is not art 2, subjective or not crap is crap no matter how you look at it unfinished poorly textured/lit images don't need a subjective opinion they need re rendering 3, quantity does not equal quality I'm not forgetting beginners and if you'd read and understood my previous posts on this thread you would have seen that. Constructive criticism from experienced artists helps beginners. Comments like "man thats great" when it obviously isn't helps nobody. Neither does not being able to see the work posted because thousands of other images have buried it. Imagine if one artist saw some of your work and made a comment that made you think "yep, thats what was missing from my work" how much help that would be? Now imagine if that same artist had started trawling through 100+ images posted in the last couple of hours and missed yours because they had run out of time/interest. which helps you most? Andy