Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

ShadowWind posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 8:03 PM

Alex_k,
Rosity is not like sites like Epilogue and CGTalk and other places that are strictly aimed at the most skilled artists. There is no law that artists here that want to post at those sites can't. It is aimed at people of all levels of the art and those who do it professionally and just as a hobby. It is a learning center for artists to develop their skills and I, personally, have learned so much in the time I've been here and learn more everyday. If every site took the tact that there should only be the highest quality images, there would be no site for people to get their feet wet. Rosity provides a valuable and unique service (filling a void) of joining new artists with masters to create a great environment that is both nurturing and for Rosity in many ways, very profitable. They didn't become the most visited graphic site on the net by censoring those images deemed unworthy. So if you want to just see your idea of high end art, there is plenty of sites out there to do so, but I think given the dynamics of Rosity, it would be a VERY SILLY idea to start arbitrarily deciding what is worthy of posting or not. Personally I also enjoy seeing the achievements of my fellow artists as they learn and am proud to see it in myself as well. Besides, one man's rubbish is another man's treasure.

my 2c on that note
ShadowWind