Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

creativechaos posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 8:09 PM

Frankly Andy, I could honestly care less about some yoyo trolling the galleries going "Hey that's nice" Granted quite a few of my comments are like that BUT they're from friends of mine who have seen the WIP's and gone "Hey, try this, that or the other thing...make this blue and that sky blue pink with orange stripes and purple polka dots" or whatever. (However they rarely get to see the final before it's posted cos I don't wanna overkill them on a piece) As for comments, I try my best to leave notes on ones I think could be better and how. and leave the person the option to IM me for further information on what I think. I've helped quite a few people better themselves. BUT I think limiting the galleries to one a day is stupid. On my days off I have nothing to do, I putz in poser...or when I have products coming out, I do renders out the wazoo showcasing them and post them all over (Here, 3DC, DeviantArt, my personal galleries, etc) There's not one site that I'm a member of that restricts to less than 3 images per day per user. (NOT per gallery) DeviantArt has NO limitations to posts. And sad to say, DevArt is a bigger community than Renderosity. (However their major pull is NOT 3D artwork.) The whole thing of it is, when I personally create a piece no matter if I did it in 20 minutes or 20 days, I want to be able to show it off, not wait days on end to be able to post again.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)