Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

pakled posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:15 PM

sheesh..once a week? Ouch..baby, very ouch. Don't forget the International Association of Crap-Doodlers is also trying to learn. The folks here who are 'that good', didn't get there by magic..no matter what medium we started in, at one point we all sucked..;) I'm hardly a great artist (kinda hit or miss..mostly miss..;), but even I can pass along things once in a while. As for different galleries posting, I think that might lead to 'cheating'..Poser with a Bryce terrain, so post it in Bryce (I filter almost every thing through Bryce, tho as many as 4 programs can be involved..and still little postwork).
As for getting 'buried'..I can put almost anything in Hobbyist, and it will stay visible for weeks (though I'm sure they start to smell after awhile..;), Strata, Amapi, can be very slow turning over (heck, I almost saw Amapi empty once..;)
Maybe you could make a 'masters' gallery, where peer review would be a little more intense. Maybe even a competition to get in.
I stayed here, because no matter how bad my stuff was, noone told me to get lost, and a lot of folks have passed on some really useful tips that have made my worst a little bit better (reach 'round and pat yourselves on the back..;) I know that I will reach a plateau, and that's where I'll stay, but hey, I'm really here for the fun..would like it to stay that way..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)