Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

chemicalbrother posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 2:23 AM

personally i think 7 per week, max 3 per day is right (say you are a 3d artist and you have a massive scene that you spent a hell of a lot of time on but can't all be seen in 1 image.... does it make other posts of the same scene from different angles any less of an image.... so you post 3 or 4 from different angles and use the other 3 posts of the week for something else if you need to.... personally i find it hard to do 1 project a week) to say that people just throw stuff together when they post a lot is wrong........ altho admitedly that's what a lot of people do,, there are a hell of a lot of artists who's talents could not be shown to the full by limiting the posts any more than they are already..... if they can't get feedback on the progress of their work here... they will find other places to get the feedback they require... (i clean out my gallery regularly of the wip stuff and the stuff i recon doesn't come up to scratch and leave the finished version once i'm happy with it....) it should be self regulated if it's just down to stuff being buried by other peoples posts....... if however as others have said it's a banwidth issue then i am all for placing neccesary restrictions)