Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

eelie posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 1:32 PM

Well, for what it's worth, here's my two cents worth. The way I see it, is this is a venue for established artists as well as new ones to share their work, ask for critiques and do a little pat yourself on the back-ing. While I seldom have enough time to sort through every single picture posted in one day, I take that as my own responsibility. If its important enough to me to do so, Ill do it. If, I cant take that time then Im not going to fuss because too many images have been posted and thats caused the problem. I dont believe its my God given right to have the galleries structured to my time table. That said, I also understand that there are space constraints to consider with any website and that there are people out there who have just, well, not learned to play well with others. Website considerations should be in the hands of the site owners, not the users. Since some people will be less than courteous, I have no problem with restricting the number of uploads. My vote on that is that it should remain that or be decreased. IMO it shouldnt be increased. Someone much earlier suggested having a maximum on the number of images an artist can post and once met, new posts would result in an existing one being removed. That would be a possible solution should server space be an issue, but unless and until it is, Id rather that not happen. When I see an image I like, I will frequently visit that artists gallery and look through the rest of their work. I view these as ways to learn as well as enjoy. Besides, I think its almost a badge of success if someone has many images that date back several years. I think this kind of limitation would force more artists away than the per day/per week limits that are being discussed. That said, Im off to the polling booth to throw in my last two cents worth! :o)