Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

Seliah posted Fri, 02 May 2003 at 11:30 PM

lmckenzie: Limiting the numbers should, at least theoretically increase those desired results.

Just one hitch in that. What happens the NEXT time? And the time after that? Will we be reduced to one image per WEEK? How about one image per MONTH? Or better yet, one per quarter?

No matter HOW we fry this fish, there are ALWAYS going to be a LOT more images being uploaded to this site than any one person will be able to see. That comes with the territory.

So the staff here decides to limit artists to one image per day. Well, then all of a sudden we have another upsurge in membership, and folks start screaming AGAIN about how HARD it is to keep up with the artwork.

What happens then? We revisit this entire debate? Reduce the limit AGAIN to one for every three days, or on per week, or three per month, or whatever?

It's not going to solve the problem. It's not going to do anything but throw a sprinkle of water on a three alarm fire. It's going to frustrate the artists (yes, myself included) some of whom will likely speak by walking away.

I'd rather not have to leave. I like Renderosity, I like the forums, I like the people, I like the potential that is currently here to LEARN. But frankly, if my hands are tied in that process, then what point is there of staying?

The 3 a day limit I think is fine, the 3 a day limit is already far more strict than MANY, in fact, MOST of the sites out there, and the 3 a day limit is downright extreme to a lot of sites.

I think 3 a day is fine. I think 3 a day is reasonable. I think even if we limit it to one per day there is STILL going to be NO way for anyone here to 'keep up' with every single image that is posted. It just cannot happen in a community the size of Renderosity.

I can't even figure out why this is an issue to begin with, but there's my piece, I'll take my backside out of the thread now.

If the staff wants to lose artists, lose viewers, lose possible revenue - that's their choice. If it's a bandwidth issue, I'll more than happily swallow the stricter limits.

But if this issue is just being brought up because some folks are complaining about the sheer amount of work being posted, well ... it goes with the territory, I'm sorry. Newbies, intermediate artists, experts, all of it. It comes with the territory.

I think I'm done now.

drops her ten bucks, and steps down

~seli