Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 · 351 posts

mlevans posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 12:58 AM

Thank you, Seliah. Folks, we already have limitations on posts to these galleries. We are limited to 3 per day. Generally I only post once daily, sometimes not even that, but there have been a few occasions when I was working on multiple projects simultaneously and ended up with four decent images. Not masterpieces, mind, but stuff that I didn't have to be ashamed to show. And so I had to wait, because as I mentioned we're already limited to three.
       Fewer images will not fix this problem, assuming that it even is a problem. It will not get additional "hits" for artists who don't think they are getting a their fair share. When I browse the galleries, I don't start at page one and click each thumbnail one after another. I seriously doubt very many other people do that either. If the thumbnail intrigues me, or if I recognize the artist as one whose work I have enjoyed previously, I look. If the thumbnail does nothing for me or if there is none, then I'm very unlikely to look. Tightening the upload restrictions won't change that; I'm not going to start looking at what doesn't appeal simply because there is less of it.
       Do I miss seeing images this way? Absolutely, no question of it. But that is my choice, you see.
       I posted to RDNA this week; can't recall the last time I did that. But I can see which way the wind appears to be blowing around here...the storm is coming...and it looks like the status quo is about to be status screwed. If anybody needs me, I'll be in my gallery, deleting images. Peace.