Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

creativechaos posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 1:39 PM

MBaker - "Who makes more than 1 image a day of good quality? And even if they do, is it such a big deal to wait until tomorrow to post the next one? The only reason people can be that desperate to post is that they are in a quantity competition." 1st - I can and have made more than one "good quality" image per day. That's what happens when I get bored and have nothing else to do. Maybe they're not as brilliant as some people's work like Blackhearted, Ecstasy, Linwhite, Ferguson, etc, but I'm still proud of my accomplishment and enjoy posting it when I finish with it. For me, having to wait a day or more to post something I create will result in FORGETTING about it. It's not a matter of "I want to get as much out there as possible" it's a matter of "Damn, I'm REALLY proud of this image and have to wait to show it to people." I don't post every day, sometimes there's a few days, weeks or even MONTHS between my posts because of things going on or lack of inspiration, etc. Then there's the time when I'm working on 2-3-5 projects at once and more than one gets done at a time. So for you to say "Who can create more than one quality image a day?" is a fair ammount of bullshit. No, not everyone can or does, but some people can and do. But IF someone is gonna limit my artistic outlet, I really do wanna know why. Speculation about this or that, it's a bandwidth thing, it's too many posts, it's complainers saying their work gets burried...doesn't help us understand WHY this issue has come up. So maybe until we know the REAL reason behind why it came up, we need to quit our bitching at each other and try to find out why. If it's a bandwidth/cost issue, then yea, we need to respect that, but if it's whiners saying "it's too hard to look through the galleries" or "My work gets burried in a few hours from the front page of what's new" They need to grow up, there's a lot of stuff in the really real world that not everyone likes.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)