Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

mlevans posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 3:53 PM

To MBaker...100% agreement with you on that aspect of things. And the crazy thing is, there is a WIP Gallery, but it would seem that very few people actually make use of it for its intended purpose. The reason, I suspect (and this is just conjecture), is that fewer people browse that gallery, so consequently they get fewer views and less chance of any criticism, constructive or othewise. Just maybe the real problem is not so much the number of posts as it is the failure of individuals to post to the proper gallery. So we're probably not really all that far apart on these issues. I still can't agree on the "no real need for more than one finished image a day"; after all, what is the real need for art at all. Everyone has different needs, surely. Note to Poppi: Nope, no chance, so I hope no one was planning to rent the space out. Quite a few people here have spoken on the sheer numbers of images, about the quality or lack thereof, and at least one person suggested that no one artist have more than 100 posted at a time. Having noted that my gallery was over that number, I deleted some that were even by my meager standards not up to snuff. K?