Forum: Community Center

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc opened this issue on May 01, 2003 ยท 351 posts

creativechaos posted Sat, 03 May 2003 at 5:01 PM

Tuttle "I'm all for reasoned arguments but please! You really want us to believe that you create a piece of work and you're so proud of it that you forget about it within 24hrs? lol! Your "proud" and mine don't mean the same thing then!" I'm a busy person, I'm a college student, I co-own/run a day care facility, I have a life, friends, boyfriend, family to tend to, I have a million and one other pressing issues besides remembering what site I uploaded what image to and when I can upload another one. When I say I'll FORGET...I mean I'll forget to upload it if I can't upload it right after it's finished. Talk about twisting words around. Seems like you're doing a damned good job of twisting others words around, so get off of your pity-party, woe-is-me in the Bryce Gallery because my work gets burried under people who upload 3 images at a time and someone might actually have to go to page 2 to see my latest attempt to make a mountain images." Yea, my work gets burried, probably faster than yours does tuttle. You don't see me complaining about it. If people want to look at my work, they look at it, if they don't, just because it's hanging around the front page a few hours longer doesnt' mean that more people are gonna look and/or comment on it. If it doesn't interest them, it just doesn't interest them. 1 or 100 uploads a day won't change that fact. As for the whole "throwing things together and hitting render...it takes a hell of a lot more thought than that to make a decent image out of Poser. I've been working with the program for the past 3 years and have been learning how to model, texture, pose, and make my own light settings. I'd have to say the majority of my work quite a large chunk of what I post HAS my original stuff in it and yes, it takes longer than a day to do it, but I'm one that doesn't have one project going at the same time. Right now I have about 15 open projects, all of which will be finished in the next few weeks. But hey, just cos I get more than one done a day I'm not an artist right? I'm not as tallented as the ones that only finish one per week or month right? Oh f***ing well. I'm me, plain and simple and for someone to tell me "You don't have the right to show your work because you already uploaded an image today (which is usually at 3 or 4 am) I can't upload another one till tomorrow" Hell, most of my uploads happen right after I finish the open projects, usually 6-7 hours apart depending on what else I'm doing. NOT 3 in a row in 30 seconds.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)